Terms and Conditions for Keeping Your Mobile Number
You acknowledge that you:
- are authorised to port the mobile number;
- have been advised that by porting your mobile number, the service and/or related services associated with that mobile number may be disconnected by your current supplier and may result in finalisation of your account with that supplier;
- are porting your mobile number to 3.
What does port mean?
To port a mobile service number is to bring your existing number across to your new mobile service provider.
You also acknowledge that:
- you have the right to port your mobile number; however there may be costs and obligations associated with your existing mobile service and costs payable to your current service provider for transferring the mobile number to 3.
- if you do not have enough information to allow 3 to transfer your mobile number, 3 may ask you to go back to your current service provider for further clarification.
- you are only transferring your mobile number not your previous services.
- when your 3 mobile services commences you will use the services & features offered by 3 and not your previous service provider on this mobile number.
- you authorise 3 to provide other telecommunications companies and service providers with details of your mobile service number, your current network type, your intention to transfer to 3, and other porting information for ongoing routing of calls and messages to and from your mobile number, complaint handling, customer and network fault management, and for fraud prevention and investigations. You also authorised porting information to be disclosed to financial institutions for fraud prevention and investigations.
- you may have an existing contract with your current service provider, which may require you to pay them an early termination payment in respect of your existing mobile service.
- when moving from GSM or CDMA technology, you will need a new handset when you join 3. Any existing 3G handset may require unlocking or reprogramming to work on the 3 network.